5. Criteria for Eligibility
Eligible large-scale international film and television projects must fall under (1) or (2) below. In addition, the project must also meet conditions (3) to (6).
(1) Projects which fall under (a) or (b).
(a) Direct production costs in Japan exceed 500 million yen
(b) Total production costs exceed one billion yen and direct production costs in Japan exceeds 200 million yen.
(2) Projects that are scheduled to be released, screened, broadcast, or distributed in more than ten countries or territories, and their direct production costs in Japan exceed 200 million yen.
(3) Projects that will benefit to the Japan domestic contents industry (human resources development through local employment, utilization of Japan domestic studios, etc.)
(4) Projects that the scenes shot in Japan is mandatory guaranteed.
(5) Projects that will cooperate to promote the location where the filming took place.
(6) Projects that having promotion skills for global expansion of the appeal of Japan through the works.
However, even if the requirements of (1) and (2) are not met, projects* that greatly benefit the Japanese economy and the domestic film industry in (3) to (6) may be subject to be subject to consider.
*Entrusted to the judgment of an outside examination committee.